Throughout a SHIFT project, we continually review and enhance the way we work. However a number of principles are constant:
- Describing the services our Client’s perform for their internal and external clients is the first principle for all change, and all changes along a roadmap must relate back to those services.
- Baseline the starting point – understanding and controlling what, when, who, how and why means that all change actions - from locations to technologies – start from the truth.
- Seek out quick wins and benefits during the project.
- Make the project outputs visible and repeatable – share the knowledge and the insights so that the client to repeat.
In the main our Clients’ drivers are to Reduce Cost, Improve Performance or Reduce Risk.
You may be using one of the strategies below to achieve these objectives, we’ve shown how our approach has added value:
Migrate to a common operating model
- Your Core Processes are visible and shared;
- Local variability and rules are understood;
- Process changes are notified and shared across locations;
- Change & IT requirements are done once, applied to all;
- Business and IT groups are aligned; Global processes are able to use global tools.
Implement IT changes
- Use cases and requirements will link IT back to the process and services;
- The target process is ready upon requirements completion;
- Business and IT Services Architecture are linked through business processes.
- Pain points, root cause and business case captured;
- Variability & High cost processes are quantified;
- Underlying systems are changed from the business process.
Integrate 2 organisations
- The Organisations are described in a common way;
- Focus is on Services, Tasks, Roles, Systems;
- Organisation charts and systems maps support integration, but don’t drive it.
- Business controls and risk impact captured and reported;
- Manual and Automated processes under control, allowing safer and more frequent change.
Onboard new business
- Impact analysis scenarios can be run against live processes;
- All processes and owners impacted are identified and organised;
- Your On-boarding process created for end-to-end collaboration;
- Cost and Risk of change is measurable.